I have been keeping a daily journal for about sixteen years now, and I love doing it. One of the things that keeps me at it is using variety in my journal-keeping methods. Here are some examples:
1. Keep a small pocket notebook with you wherever you go, and when an idea of something to mention in your journal comes to you, jot down a word or two that will remind you of the incident so you can write about it in your journal later.
2. Write a memory of something that happened long ago. Remember that it probably won’t make a difference in the next generation if you wrote it the same day or years later.
3. Write about something funny that happened recently.
4. Write about something someone else did recently.
1. Draw a cartoon, sketch, or simple painting of the event(s) of the day in your journal. Write what the picture represents, and be sure to Continue reading Journals and Diaries: Ideas for Keeping it Fun!