I was doing a little research yesterday about white balance in digital photography, and there are all kinds of fun things you can do with it. Then I researched more about metering, and before I knew it, I was all pumped to do more artsy photography. I’ve gotten lazy about posting photos lately, mainly because I just don’t have the time and energy to edit them. So I’ve given myself a challenge. I want to post more photos, but the rules I’ll give myself (for my sanity’s sake) will be these:
1. No post production – I love doing it, I just don’t have time. It’s got to be straight from the camera (if I make an exception on a single photo once in a GREAT while I’ll label it). Not even rotating.
2. I have to delete photos I don’t want as I go along – I tend to take a photo 10 times, so the other 9 have to go before I upload.
3. No RAWs – Doing RAWs are way fun, but by definition, they require post-production, which violates rule #1
4. I don’t HAVE to be regular about how often I post – though I’ll try to be a little more regular. Don’t expect me to continue – I reserve the right to stop any time for no reason at all. Not that you care, but writing it frees me to not feel guilty if it’s been awhile. 😀
5. If I’m shooting for posting, I have to post what I shoot (unless there’s a reason it wouldn’t be a good idea – such as privacy or safety – you’ll notice I never mention my kids real names), no picking through. It has to be deleted or posted.
These rules only applies to artsy photography intended for posting, not day to day family events, etc, though I’m sure there’ll be a few of those, too.
I’ve started walking to and from work (short distance, but very pleasant walk) just to get a little exercise, so a lot of my photos will be from that.
I’m planning on putting out another CD this summer, and I thought it might be fun to occasionally give my blog followers a sneak peek into some of the pieces that will be on the CD. In fact, this CD will have some differences from my last CD. While most of the pieces will be piano solos, there will be a few with either flute or voice.
Here’s a 25 second sneak peek into a piece called The Sixth Day.
Let me know what you think!
I’ve decided to start posting some of my photography on my blog. I’ve been trying to get more artsy photos on my blog, but they don’t always match the messages I write about. So I think I’ll start posting artsy photos even if I don’t have a message to go with them, with just the name of the photo, and perhaps a very brief description – even if it’s just whether I did any editing on it. So if you see a photo alone on my blog, it’s because I’ve turned my blog into a writing, music, and photography blog. To see a large version of this photo, just click on it. From the photo window, you can click on the picture again to go from photo to photo like a slideshow.
Here’s one called Clover-Patch